How to apply 3D LUTs to your images in Adobe Photoshop.
3D LUTs were first supported by Adobe Photoshop CS6. If you have an older version of Photoshop prior to CS6 consider upgrading to a newer version if you wish to use 3d LUTs.
In order to apply a 3D LUT to an image in Adobe Photoshop you should follow the following steps:
1. Open the image you wish to apply the LUT to in Photoshop.
2. Make sure your Layers panel is visible by going to Window > Layers. If there’s a check mark next to Layers, go to step 2. If not, click on Layers to make the Layers panel visible.
3. Create a new adjustment layer and choose Color Lookup.
This will create a new color lookup adjustment layer that will allow you to apply a 3D LUT to your image.
4. Click the Load 3D LUT… option to open the drop-down menu and click it once again to open a dialog box that lets you choose a 3D LUT to apply to your image
5. Navigate to the 3D LUTs folder on your computer and choose the appropriate 3D LUT to apply to your image.
3D LUTs are applied in adjustment layers so you can treat them just as any other adjustment layer. You can change their blending mode or opacity.