How to install Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Acr presets
Installing Lightroom presets
1. After you have downloaded the presets ZIP-file, extract them to a folder in your computer.
2. Open Lightroom, select the 'Develop' tab (d)
3. Go to the left column and select the Presets section and expand it.
4. Right Click on any subfolder inside the presets section, and select “new folder”.
5. A new window will open and you can name folder, such as ”Dot W Presets” .
6. Go back your cursor to new folder inside the presets section and right click ( pc ) or control click ( mac ), select “import”
7. A new window will open and you can browse your computer for the folder that contains the unzipped presets, you can choose all that you want to import.
8. Select the required presets from the folder, click import, and the Lightroom Presets are installed and ready to enhance and inspire your image processing.
Installing ACR presets
- After you have downloaded the presets in ZIP file, extract them to a folder on your computer.
- Locate in your computer :
- Windows : Local Disk ( C: ) /Users/myName/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings — then copy all xmp files into this folder (make sure you show the hidden folder from the explorer option).
- Mac : (user)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings — then copy all xmp files into this folder.
- Open DNG or RAW file in ACR then select the ‘Presets’ icon from the top row of icons and the presets will be listed ready to use.
XMP files (presets) that you upload into the ‘Camera Raw/Settings’ can be deleted individually at any time to edit the presets into usable favourites.
Need help finding the ACR presets folder -
- Open your RAW or DNG photo via Adobe Photoshop, then click the presets icon on the top tool bar.
Click the tiny icon at the top right hand corner of ‘Preset’ tab and select the “Load Setting” menu.
Then a new window will open, this is the acr-presets-location.
- This is the folder location that you copy the xmp files into.